Thunderbirds headline SkyFest 2014 | Events
Fairchild Airforce Base has released the list of performers participating in SkyFest 2014. Headlining the event for the first time since 2010 is the U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds and the U.S. Army Golden Knights parachute team.
Civilian performers include:
- Jacquie B in Extra 300
- Smoke-n-Thunder Jet Car
- Jelly Belly’s Kent Pietsch
- Cascade Warbirds
- Mustang High Flight
- Dan Buchanan
- Addison Pemberton’s Boeing 40C
- Stearman Flight
Static aircraft to be on display include:
- Fairchild's own KC-135 and UH-1
- B-1 from Ellsworth Air Force Base, S.D.
- T-38 and T-6 from Sheppard AFB, Texas
- F-15E from Mountain Home AFB, Idaho
- C-17 from Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Wash.
- KC-10 from Travis AFB, Calif.
- C-130 from Wyoming Air National Guard Base at F.E. Warren AFB, Wyo.
- E-3 from Tinker AFB, Okla.
- CV-22 from Kirtland AFB, N.M.
- C-5 out from Travis AFB, Calif.
- C-12 from Joint Base Elemendorf-Richardson, Alaska
- A-10 from the 124 FW from Boise Air National Guard, Idaho
- Army UH-72
- Army HH-60 Pave Hawk
- Navy EA-6B and EA-18
The show also includes a P-51 and F-16 Heritage flight.
"We are coordinating with every base agency and numerous off base organizations to ensure every facet of the show has been well thought out," said Maj. Robert Aikman, SkyFest 2014 director. "The combination of hard work and outstanding community support has allowed us to plan an amazing show.”
The airfield opens to visitors at 9 am both days, with performances beginning at 11 am.