Michael Anderson Elementary Selected for New STEM Program | Families
Michael Anderson Elementary has been selected as one of just 44 schools in the United States to test the new Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) program.
The leading provider of STEM for middle school and high school students, Project Lead the Way (PLTW), is offering the new elementary program that will advocate collaboration, analysis and problem solving. The program will coincide with Common Core State Standards and is aimed at kindergarten through fifth grade students.
Michael Anderson Elementary and the 43 other participating schools will try 12 STEM modules and provide feedback to PLTW . The final version of the program will be available to all school districts in the United States in 2014.
Upcoming Events near West Plains - Fairchild AFB
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Spokane looks to change how Municipal Code looks at gender identity
- Brush up on traffic safety prior to Bike to Work week
- Greater Spokane Incorporated hires new leader
- Spokane City Council sends letter to County Prosecutor about timely investigations
- Civic Theatre invites community to join Torchlight Parade