Spokane area power crews heading to Long Island | News
19 Bonneville Power Administration volunteer employees are heading to Long Island, New York to help restore electricity to thousands of customers.
Long Island was heavily damaged by Superstorm Sandy early this week and many people remain without power.
The 19 volunteers and 14 support and utility vehicles will fly out of Fairchild Air Force Base Saturday once the cargo jets arrive and are loaded.
The BPA workers will be assigned to aid New York's Long Island Power Authority.
Upcoming Events near West Plains - Fairchild AFB
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Spokane looks to change how Municipal Code looks at gender identity
- Brush up on traffic safety prior to Bike to Work week
- Greater Spokane Incorporated hires new leader
- Spokane City Council sends letter to County Prosecutor about timely investigations
- Civic Theatre invites community to join Torchlight Parade