Horizon opens new maintenance facility at SIA | News
Horizon Airlines has taken possession of a hangar at Spokane International where it can now do maintenance on its planes.
The hanger will primarily service a trio of Horizon Bombardier Q400 planes that overnight here in Spokane. The airport spent the summer renovating the hangar, equipping it with heaters and fire protection systems.
Having the hangar at SIA allows Horizon to do maintenance on the planes out of the weather and keep its fleet of Q400s running safely and with fewer mechanical delays.
video Spokane beat out six other cities for the hangar project.
Horizon Airlines president Glenn Johnson said the maintenance facility at SIA will mean more planes running on schedule.
"When you think about our business, our commitment to you is to get you and your bags where we promise, when we promise and that starts with airplanes that are ready to go whether that means in the morning or on a turn," he said.
Horizon officials said their airlines had the second best on-time record in the country last year.
Upcoming Events near West Plains - Fairchild AFB
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Spokane looks to change how Municipal Code looks at gender identity
- Brush up on traffic safety prior to Bike to Work week
- Greater Spokane Incorporated hires new leader
- Spokane City Council sends letter to County Prosecutor about timely investigations
- Civic Theatre invites community to join Torchlight Parade